[kj] the status of the list

Andreas Misera misera at misera.net
Sat Oct 30 15:33:56 EDT 2004

hi all,

over the last few months The Gathering has changed, i think. new folks
have arrived, some established and well-loved people have left or become
very quiet.
i believe that this is due to natural changes, but it might also have to
do with the fact that more and more crap is being sent through the list.
some people write shit just to provoke, and others get provoked by this
and react with more shit. we've seen this stuff before, but it seems that
we're at a high of this behaviour again.

as you might have noticed i'm not very present on The Gathering at the
moment. this has lots of reasons - the main one being a lack of time.
also, i have always believed and still believe that the people on this
list have enough common sense to keep the noise down to a level that
everybody can live with. that's why i usually don't interfere when
somebody acts like a complete moron.

at this point, however, i want to remind everybody that this is a mailing
list and not a schoolyard where people can shout at each other, spew bile
and bully each other. no personal attacks, no flaming and not too much off
topic posts please. we aren't bound to have "on topic" mails only, as The
Gathering is a community, not only a fan forum. but we have a subject to
stick to, and we have some basic standards of netiquette and civilized
behavious to adhere to.

if you don't like that, you're welcome to start your own list where you
can shout at each other without annoying the folks on this list.

cheers,
-andy