[kj] Music biz news (On topic)

J E S T E R webmaster at killing-joke.com
Wed Oct 20 15:41:32 EDT 2004

 From what Raven has said, Atkins doesn't even own the rights legally to
sell Courtauld Talks (the album he is selling on the invisible site). I
dont think that album is a hot seller, so why put up the cost of legal
to get involved in that battle.

http://www.invisiblerecords.com/bands/killingjoke/index.asp

Thats why I was given permission to host it, in it's entirety about two
years ago. At that point, Martin had yet to pay the band any sum for
it. To my knowledge, it remains the same type of deal.

As far as them playing those tracks live again, that is entirely up to
Coleman/Walker. I know that it took a bit of convincing to get Jaz to
play the Pandemonium era material. It has nothing really to do with
Atkins, as far as Extremities goes. FWIW, Martin did stop in and say
hello back stage in Chicago.

Martin isn't making any money now. That label is very rapidly going
under. That is why he is selling everything he has on ebay. Making a
last ditch effort to salvage the business. Word around the camp fire is
that he put everything on the success of the last Pigface release, and
it failed. Just go to his sight. The first thing you see is a listing
of ebay auctions.

http://invisiblerecords.com/