[kj] RE: Fecking Punk debate

Ed messageobliquespeech at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 19 05:20:28 EDT 2004

This old debate never ceases to amaze me, seen this debate more than I
have Porn, usually kicks off with a 'young' American from New Yerk
quoting that the Ramones were the beginnings of Punk.

So what, keep ya labels if it makes your happy and provides ya with an
Identity, Ive grown up with the teachings of old father Lydon - which
can be seen on old footage / DVD's of the said man, Punk was just a
Media Label/'Tag', Sex Pistols Punk? That wasn't the point. What they
achieved was a message and an outlet for anger/frustration/ for a
dissatisfied youth who felt they had fuck all to do with what went on
with nothing to look forward too

Other 'UK' bands erupted overnight, a movement and 'Uniform' was born -
but that still wasn't the point, a sense of belonging was struck up with
our nearest and dearest neighbours up and down the country

If the Pistols hadn't been so fortunate to do what they did it would
have been a much bleaker place, well, I suppose we could have copped a
mop haircut with a biker jacket and screamed Psychotherapy to the dulcet
sounds of that famous Blues Band The UK Subs

Punk, Yeah - I bought the t-shirt / & still do.

Oh, make sure you heat the tea pot up before you pour the water in,
don't forget the tea cosy,  2 sugars, Milk first/tea after, stops the
bone china from staining/cracking.