[kj] OT - Play Dead coincidence

god botherer acroastic at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 19 09:19:51 EDT 2004

Well that IS a coincidence! I had Conspiracy going through my mind this
morning, so I pulled that VERY CD off my shelf and it is sitting here by the
computer ready to play as soon as Joy Division's Still has finished (two
tracks to go). And I haven't played any Play Dead for at least a year. MOST
BIZARRE!

For anybody who cares, Resurection is basically the From the Promised Land
album (remix version) plus a few bits and pieces.

I've been moved to visit the website

http://www.waste.org/%7Ewinkles/playdead/

and the guy has put the original and rare From the Promised Land (before the
remix) onto CD. Since I always rated this above the remix, I shall be
badgering him for that, and I recommend it to anyone - especially the
original version of Walk Away, which I remember them doing on The Tube.

I know of two other Play Dead albums on CD - both of which I have: The First
Flower (inc. lots of extras) and The Company of Justice.

Well, Curtis is almost done, so I'm away to stick that CD on.

As Harry Hill might say, "Doh! Wghat are the chances of that, eh?"

Cheers

Si