[kj] mik raven vs killing joke (or all vs Rangecroft)

Paul Rangecroft killing_j0ke at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 19 05:31:56 EDT 2004

i'm so glad someone took the bait! i was expecting more of a storm that
this, though. you lot are no fun.

what can i say? congratulations to mik for being on an email list, that's
quite an achievement. yeah, mik's a decent bloke, but he was out of line
getting all stroppy just because someone said a few nice things about some
poor bastard who just fucking died after spending years in severe
discomfort. i doubt mik did much for the disabled before his daughter was
born, so he's just as "guilty" as reeves. CR made no secret of that fact
that he'd rather have nothing to do with his cause. and yes, he had the
money to fall back on. but mik deliberately made it look like he was leaving
the list because of what someone has said, which in fact was not the case.
that seems to me to be a bit petty and silly. it may not have been a hissy
fit, but he sure made it look like one. he has served the list amazingly
well though, so i hope his problems, whatever they are, get resolved
favourably and he can return when he feels he wants to. and i still think
the band could have cut him some slack r.e. his site. maybe asked him not to
sell certain items like the lorely gig, but not close down.