[kj] OT: The great Punk Debate

Jpwhkj at aol.com Jpwhkj at aol.com
Sun Oct 17 17:57:08 EDT 2004

The truth hurts, I guess.

"Punk wouldn't have happened without..." is a really lame argument. It wouldn't have happened without Elvis Presley, I suppose, but so what? You can see all sorts of influences, some strong & some tenuous, for punk. But whatever influenced it (and Maclaren never had an original idea) punk was born in London, with Manchester getting the afterbirth.