[kj] OT - Libertines... good or horrible

bluce ree bluceree2003 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 17 06:11:31 EDT 2004

glad i'm not the only one.

also I agree re: Interpol (we've had that debate on here before).  I dismissed them as another hype band but they're decent.  'Evil' from the new album is amazing.

MARK SAXTON <ranjeef at btopenworld.com> wrote:
Me too, proper wank ; really cannot get into them; hype indeedy; though out of more recent bands I do love Interpol and British Sea Power and that 1st Departure single was pretty good.

Rob's Arse <joker at Z6.com> wrote: Biggest pile of crap I have heard in a long while.
If the music was half as good as the hype then tehy would be great. But it really isn't up to the mark.
My wife bought the album. Played it twice. That was one too many .
I think the fact that they are managed by Alan MCGee (sp??) who owned Creation records counts for a lot. Plus they probably have the same dealer as a lead writer at NME.

True enough that they have a fanatical follwoing. My mate took some photos at the Brixton gig and told me that there were 14 yr olds bottling of the support act!