[kj] OT: Fuck Hip Hop - well not all of it

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 16 14:28:41 EDT 2004

For what it's worth, I think Eminem may indeed be clever --- BUT I'M
FUCKIN' SICK OF HIM!

Hip Hop I *DO* actually like, despite my genre-sweeping condemnation:

Public Enemy, Wu-Tang Clan, Busta Rhymes, Jurassic 5, Nas, (some)
Jay-Z, (some) Geto Boys, and I used to quite enjoy the first record by
Das Efx. MC Paul Barman, incidentally, is a thousand times more
entertaining than Eminem. And I'll always love the Beastie Boys
(although they've really become a genre unto themselves).

Yeah, Hip Hop was born in NYC. As was Punk Rock. That NYC is long dead
and gone.

Fuck KRS-One, though.

Alex in NYC

<image.tiff>