[kj] OT: Fuck Hip Hop - well not all of it

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 16 09:29:16 EDT 2004

KRS One has always been a man to disrespect anyone but himself.  Even people
in the rap community.  His intelligence is way above anyone else (or so he
thiks).  He has always been on the fringe of racism.  Always an elitist and
not very talented. He is struggling to have a career.
  I think rap is in the same stages that rock was when it started.  "it's
noise", "It promotes violence and mischevious behavior".  Okay so what.
Little Richard did it and so does Dr. Dre.  I am by no means a fan of it.
There are a few here and there that I like.  I have only purchased one CD
new.  I have a handful of tapes that I would pick up if they were  ¢25 at a
garage sale or something.
Sometimes it throws me that a lot of us witnessed the birth and evolution of
this new style.  What our parents and grandparents witnessed with rock 'n'
roll we are witnessing  with rap.
And punk is not in the same category because it was a spinoff/reaction to
rock.  Of course it had a huge impact but it is obviously much more tied in
to its predecessor.  As opossed to rock to the blues and rap to soul or
jazz.
The differences are much greater.
And correct me if I am wrong but isn't rap considered to be birthed out of
New York?  Alex you should be proud of that.
But then again Madonna came from the Detroit area and I certainly do not
raise the flag for that.

chris