[kj] OT: Fuck Hip Hop - well not all of it

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 16 03:09:33 EDT 2004

   I agree. I first heard NWA's 3song ep with Panic Zone,
8-Ball,
 and Dope Man. I think they(that ep) had real balls to write and
 project,a la KJ at their most intense..each one in their own
way.
   NWA, Public Enemy, Killing Joke, Rage Against the Machine,
'89-era Ministry...helluva Fuckapallooza Tour.
Saul

--- Mark G Holt <akillingjoker at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> got to agree here
> straight outta compton is awesome, and who honestly doesnt
> either like or respect eminem?
> then there's the gravel pit.....it's not hip hop that's wrong.
> it's what some people say without thinking, i believe
> as for yoga etc, try taoism, it's working for me....
> cheers
> mark
>
> Devacor at aol.com wrote:
> If Osama Bin Laden ever buys a rap album, he'll probably start
> with a
> CD by KRS-One.
>
> The hip-hop anarchist has declared his solidarity with Al
> Qaeda by
> asserting that he and other African-Americans "cheered when
> 9/11
> happened."
>
> The rapper, whose real name is Kris Parker, defiled the memory
> of those
> who died in the terrorist attacks as he spouted off at a
> recent New
> Yorker Festival panel discussion.
>
> I was always let down by KRS- he actually was raised by
> parents who were trained in mystic yoga and he was brought up
> that way. He named was actually Krishna, which he changed to
> kris and "KRS" - he has a lot of insight but wound up just
> getting sidetracked by sentiment.
>  I recently just rebought the first NWA "Straight outta
> Compton"- its great. I remember my jaw dropped when I heard it
> when it first came out. It just came outta nowhere and nothing
> has ever come close.

=====
And sometimes is seen
a strange spot in the sky - a human being
who was given
              to fly...