[kj] OT: Fuck Hip Hop

Devacor at aol.com Devacor at aol.com
Fri Oct 15 22:31:58 EDT 2004

In a message dated 10/14/2004 5:23:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vassifer at earthlink.net writes:

KRS-One,  decency zero

If Osama Bin Laden ever buys a rap album, he'll probably  start with a
CD by KRS-One.

The hip-hop anarchist has declared his  solidarity with Al Qaeda by
asserting that he and other African-Americans  "cheered when 9/11
happened."

The rapper, whose real name is Kris  Parker, defiled the memory of those
who died in the terrorist attacks as  he spouted off at a recent New
Yorker Festival panel  discussion.

I was always let down by KRS- he actually was raised by parents who were
trained in mystic yoga and he was brought up that way. He named was actually
Krishna, which he changed to kris and "KRS" - he has a lot of insight but  wound
up just getting sidetracked by sentiment.
 I recently just rebought the first NWA "Straight outta Compton"- its  great.
I remember my jaw dropped when I heard it when it first came out. It just
came outta nowhere and nothing has ever come close.