[kj] OT: Fuck Hip Hop

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 14 17:21:09 EDT 2004

 From the New York Daily News.....

KRS-One, decency zero

If Osama Bin Laden ever buys a rap album, he'll probably start with a
CD by KRS-One.

The hip-hop anarchist has declared his solidarity with Al Qaeda by
asserting that he and other African-Americans "cheered when 9/11
happened."

The rapper, whose real name is Kris Parker, defiled the memory of those
who died in the terrorist attacks as he spouted off at a recent New
Yorker Festival panel discussion.

"I say that proudly," the Boogie Down Productions founder went on,
insisting that, before the attack, security guards kept black people
out of the Trade Center "because of the way we talk and dress.

"So when the planes hit the building, we were like, 'Mmmm - justice.'"

The atrocity of 9/11 "doesn't affect us [the hip-hop community]," he
said. "9/11 happened to them, not us," he added, explaining that by
"them" he meant "the rich ... those who are oppressing us. RCA or BMG,
Universal, the radio stations."

Parker's screed drew a loud boo from novelist Tom Kelly , who was in
the audience. "I lost six friends there on 9/11," Kelly told us
afterward.

Parker also sneered at efforts by other rappers to get young people to
vote.

"Voting in a corrupt society adds more corruption," he added. "America
has to commit suicide if the world is to be a better place."

Ex-Nirvana rocker Krist Novoselic , who was on the panel, yelled back:
"That is wrong, man. Suicide is not the answer."

But, judging by Parker's downward-spiraling career, he's already bent
on self-destruction.