[kj] ot: Later...with Jools Holland. The new series

Patrick Davies Patrick.Davies at subsea7.com
Thu Oct 14 03:24:34 EDT 2004

WELCOME TO THE LATER WITH JOOLS NEWSLETTER, SERIES 24, PROGRAMME 1

NEXT SHOW, FRIDAY, 11.30PM, BBC2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/

Hello Music Lovers!

Well here we are again for a brand new series of Later. We've got some
treats in store for you this series! Coming up over the next six weeks
make sure you tune in to see the following: The Cure, Nas, Razorlight,
Manic Street Preachers, Jackson Browne, Anita Baker, Nick Cave, Kings of
Leon, Mory Kante, The Futureheads, Embrace and much, much more. And
there's a chance to win tickets to see the show!

That's all to come but before that we have a stonking first show to kick
us off.

The last time he was in the Later studio he performed with One Giant
Leap, but this time he's back on his own terms. ROBBIE WILLIAMS has a
greatest hits album out soon and a brand new number 1 single "Radio".
He'll be performing his new single plus two oldies but goodies, "Feel"
and "No Regrets" from his enviable and hit - tastic back catalogue! I'll
also be chatting to Robbie and his life and loves and whether he has any
regrets!

All the way from sunny California and making their Later debut I am
pleased to welcome to the studio GREEN DAY! Billie Joe, Tre and Mike
have just gone to number 1 in the album charts with their fantastic new
album "American Idiot". They will be storming through a couple of songs,
including their memorable hit from 1995 "Basket Case". It'll be rocking!

I am also pleased to welcome back an old friend of Later, ELVIS COSTELLO
and his tremendous backing band THE IMPOSTERS. Elvis has a great new
record out called "The Delivery Man". He's been making music for 25
years you know and he just gets better and better! Elvis will be
delighting us with two tracks from his new album, "Monkey To Man" and
the title track "The Delivery Man".

Can it get any better you ask - well yes it can! I am also delighted to
welcome a local lass from West London, ESTELLE. She had a huge summer
smash with her single "1980". She'll be performing that superb track for
us plus another excellent song called "Free". She's just won the Best
Newcomer at this years MOBO awards and I predict she is set to do great
things!

I'm always looking out for new talent and I'm glad to welcome to the
studio, NELLIE McKAY. She has a fascinating unique voice and style. She
has been compared to Dorothy Parker and Doris Day with a touch of Eminem
thrown in! Her debut album is cheekily called "Get Away From Me" and you
must check it out! Nellie will be performing her quirky track "Ding
Dong" on the piano.

I'll also be chatting to two members of punk royalty, MICK JONES and
PAUL SIMONON from The Clash. It's 25 years since the release of their
seminal album "London Calling" and to celebrate it they have re-released
this fantastic album complete with a DVD featuring unseen footage of the
band rehearsing and other brilliant performances.

So that's all for the first show and it's not bad at all if I don't mind
saying so myself!

Tune in Friday 15th October at 11.30pm on BBC 2!

WHAT'S NEW ON THE WEBSITE:

COMPETITION!
WIN TICKETS TO THE SHOW! All you have to do is answer one simple
question.
And you can win copies of the brand new Later...Hip Hop Soul DVD. You
can also find out more about all the acts that are appearing on this
week's show.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/

INTERVIEWS:
You can read our backstage interview with Green Day. And there will be a
new interview with Estelle from Thursday morning.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/interviews/