[kj] Sisters of Mercy

Rob's Arse joker at Z6.com
Mon Oct 4 08:58:43 EDT 2004

I couldn't give a damn if they never played another note again.
I loved the first album but when they split that was it . Floodland had its moments but as soon as I saw Tony James there I thought "oi, oi. I know your game sunshine". Some of those early tracks were fantastic. Alice, Body Electric and their version of Emma - sublime. Thereafter, Pants. And big black gothic backcombed smelling of patchouli oil pants too!

--- Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

Eldritch takes great pains to point out on the seemingly long dormant
website that music is not his sole concern. Combined with the general
public's seeming insistence on pigeon-holing the Sisters as a novelty
goth nostalgia act, I can't really fault the man for putting the
Sisters on the back burner of an entirely different stove. And the last
few times I saw the Sisters, they weren't exactly inspired.

A new album would be nice, though. Not holding my breath. The Sisters
make Killing Joke look like fuckin' Prince in the prolific department.

Alex in NYC