[kj] Maggots&Meat&Agendas[MMA]

peter.west410 peter.west410 at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 29 05:30:10 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Davies" <Patrick.Davies at subsea7.com>
To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)"
<gathering at misera.net>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 8:20 AM
Subject: RE: [kj] Maggots&Meat&Agendas[MMA]

You made a point earlier, Peter, on about free speech and not having the
fear of being persecuted. In other words free speech also brings a
degree of responsibility. You called Neil to account and he responded
accordingly. Seems now you are undermining your stance by trying to
wiggle out when your hand has been called.

***********How has my hand been called?I did hear from another source(With
more clout than Neil,I ve been trying to contact this person,If I get hold
of them, I ll let you know)  that what happened is the version i printed
earlier,But the person mentioned is nt in Neils version.At this time I am in
no postion to say which version is true.But as both versions are quite
similar I did nt feel it was neccesary to pursue
it.**************************

You want to criticise other people's behaviour as being unacceptable
while acting like an email hooligan,

*********How did I act like an E-mail hooligan?***********

 .

Whoever you say was there is now irrelevant as the story has been
clarified and so the original inference that this horrendous act was
unfair on an innocent receptionist has been mirrored here on the list
members with the waste of bandwidth pretending to be an authoritive
account.

************My point was that :She was nt a journalist.She was just the
receptionist.And Neil even says that she was nt even emloyed by MM.(He
actually says :And then some MM staff came out to see what was going
on)Which was my point.So i did nt feel a need to pursue
it***********************

What I want to know is why are there so many people here who are
obviously keen on killing joke have a fascination on putting down so many of
its members?

************Some People worship KJ like they are some sort of Demi-gods,The
whole world is corrupt and unfair.And KJ have all the answers.People should
realise that this is not the case**********

 When I wrote around the time of the gigs dates
being announced and a backstage party that I would be more keen on a
gathering with list members it led to an outpouring of anti jaz zeal
that was quite alarming.

 **************I dont know what bit you are talking about ,So I cant
comment**********************

I make no apologies for the fact that I don't keep up to date with
gossip on characters of many bands, choosing to like their work on its
merit rather than being tied to blind loyalty. I am aware that there are
characteristics of weirdness that come along with kj which if anything
only add to the kj experience. But why is there cause to really stick
the boot in with the hope of destroying Jaz and maybe some others?

**********Im sure critisism and establishing the truth is healthy.And to
mention "destroying Jaz and maybe some others?"is way over the top.I would
say thet you had a busy week-end and have got the monday morning blues.

ePat