[kj] FW: Later...with Jools Holland

Patrick Davies Patrick.Davies at subsea7.com
Thu Nov 18 10:35:22 EST 2004

Early warning to catch or miss depending on your desire

ePat

WELCOME TO THE LATER WITH JOOLS NEWSLETTER, SERIES 24, PROGRAMME 6

NEXT SHOW, FRIDAY 19th November, 11.35PM, BBC2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/

Hello Music Lovers,

Sadly this is the last show of the current series. What a marvellous
series it's been, we've had so many talented artists in the studio and
it's no different this week. Pinner's finest son and the King of Camp
himself SIR ELTON JOHN will be bringing his own unique and unsurpassable
level of superstardom to the Later studio. He'll be performing tracks
from his new album, 'Peachtree Road'.

New York's Interpol are taking time out from their biggest ever UK tour
to bring their beautiful doom laiden music to the show. Michael Stipe
claims to be a big fan of their critically acclaimed second album
'Antics'.

KEANE tell me that they're privileged to return to the place where they
made their TV debut just over a year ago. Since then they've sold over a
million copies of their Mercury Prize nominated album 'Hopes & Fears'
and toured the world making fans wherever they go.

Five years ago RAY LAMONTAGNE was a factory worker who one day decided
he wanted to become a singer. I'll think you'll agree he made the right
decision as his fabulous voice reminds me of Tim Buckley, Neil Young and
Van Morrison. He'll be playing tracks from his debut album 'Trouble'.

I'm pleased to welcome a brand new band from South London, BLOC PARTY.
They describe themselves as a unit of extraordinary kids reared on pop
culture between the years of 1976 and the present day. Their debut album
is due to be released early next year.

I'm also pleased to introduce you to THE OLD CROW MEDICINE SHOW. They
play pre-World War II blues, fiddle tunes, rags, hollers, hokum and jug
band music with a brazenness born of growing up around AC/DC, Nirvana
and Public Enemy.

Pink Floyd's Nick Mason will be joining me at the piano to chat about
being in one of the UK's most influential bands over the last forty
years and his new book 'Pink Floyd - A Personal History'.

Make sure you tune in this Friday night at 11.35pm on BBC 2.

See you soon for this year's Hootenanny!

WHAT'S NEW ON THE WEBSITE:

COMPETITION!
WIN the 'Later...Hip Hop Soul' DVD and find out more about all the
artists performing on this week's show.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/

INTERVIEWS:
You can still read last week's backstage interviews with Mercury Rev and
The Bravery. And there's new interviews with Keane and Bloc Party.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/interviews/