[kj] Re: OT: Skinny Puppy/Javier

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 12 16:48:25 EST 2004

Going to go see them AGAIN tonight at the State Theatre.  Which is bigger
than the last place they played at (Majestic Theatre where Killing Joke
played last).  They have played here on their last tour before breakign up.
Honestly I am not thrilled to see them since they were only here like 3
months ago.  The wife wants to go and I am more excited about being able to
spend some time with her.  The place they are playing at has become a real
pain in the ass.  It is a nice old theater that usually sounds
good...BUT...for some reason they are the most perverse out of ANY venue in
town when it comes to security.  Worse than arenas or sporting venues.  You
have to wakl through a metal detector, you have to get wanded AND then you
get felt up.  And not a pat down I mean a complete hernia(sp?) examination
without the board certified physician.  WHY?  I have no idea.  There hasn't
been anymore trouble there than anywhere else.  And they do this for every
event now.
Stadium pricing and selection (which means sucks) when it comes to
beverages...BUT...you can get a fucking hot dog and a slice of pizza.
And later tonight Laibach is playing at the Majestic.  She wants to do that
too..but I don't know.  I have seen Laibach 3 or 4 times within the last 15
years and while their records change their live shows don't.  And I am not
sure if I am feeling up to being artistically challenged.

Chris