[kj] Democracy (the cd)- yearning for live execution thereof...

FlumeDC at aol.com FlumeDC at aol.com
Wed Nov 10 19:02:52 EST 2004

No news here - just some random musing about how great it must have been to
have seen the songs on Democracy performed live.  There were a handful of live
shows in Europe after its release if I recall correctly.  Did anyone here
catch it?  Can you offer any memories?

Been listening to that cd a lot lately - the topicality of the lyrics are
obvious - and the layers of Geordie's guitars are a dense and scorching mix of
textures.  As I listen, I can only imagine how potent this material must have
been in concert and regret that they seem to have dismissed it completely on the
last tour.  Maybe we'll get to see some of these songs reintroduced into the
set if we're lucky enough to see more shows.