[kj] OT: Pirating of new U2 release

Javier Garcia jagargal at lycos.com
Tue Nov 9 17:05:28 EST 2004

I second Saul, although 'Achtung Baby' is better, imho 'Zooropa' was their last good album. Before that i liked every single album they released -instead of Rattle & Hum- wich have great tunes, but I don't see it as solid as their previous work 'R&H' goes from very good to very wrong!(After all it was some kind of experiment/off the record album).
I have to admit i was always a U2 follower, maybe not a big fan but a loyal follower. I even tried to dig 'Pop' and 'All that you can't leave behind' but didn't got it... some very few nice tunes, that's all.
U2 did amazing music in the eighties, they used to have a true powerful sound, even in their softer songs. Songs like "The Ocean", "Out of Control", "Wire"(what a great song!), "Bullet the Blue Sky", even "New Years Day" and "Pride" just to name a few are pretty powerful songs.
I can even see some conexion between the early albums of U2 and New Model Army... it's like their songs have a very similar spirit.

To me it's a weak argument to say U2 is bad because your mother could like it (your mother could also like Killing Joke -circa Night Time or BTATS-).

Agree Bono and his rockstar-diva attitude sucks most of the time, but still he uses his fame to help some pro-human beneffit asociations... not all rock stars make this, and if we are talking about an egomaniac-super-rock-pop-star that's something to say. Sadly now U2 has become what Rob said... a perfect Pop band (yawn).

My two pesos

Javier
mex city rocker