[kj] OT: Post-Election Blues

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 14:47:06 EST 2004

Two more things to consider..
 --  US is in massive debt, a huge chunk of our economic
spending is on borrowed money(high-ratio business loans, credit
cards, home refi's, etc. 2nd-3rd mortg's, etc.), and the asian
superpowers now own most of US national debt. Any potential run
on our debt would sink the dollar, shatter the economy, so we're
very vulnerable over here. It's like a gun to our back covered
with a sweater.
 --  If the US controls/influences world oil supplies, we could
leverage it against the fastest-growing economies on earth right
now: the asian ones (China, India, Nippon also very dependent on
oil - none of its own?). Like a gun to THEIR back, covered in
freedom.
   Sort of a "Mexican Standoff."

--- Matthew Burke <marsboy1 at msn.com> wrote:

> Matthew is completely on the money.

Well, then I'll press my luck . . .

It's said Karl Rove did the work of getting the gay marriage
proposal on the ballot in those states to stir up the loonies
and get them to the polls. It worked.

These loons are now spinning a 2% margin of victory as a
mandate, and a vote for "morals" and "decency". Why should I
give a flying rat's cornhole about a government's idea of
morality when they were responsible for the deaths of nearly 200
million people in the last century?

Now they're asking for unity. "Yeah! You immoral bastards! Come
join us!"

This war has been in the planning for over 10 years. It's in
black and white on The Project for the New American Century's
website, a club whose members include a number of key people in
this administration.

In a 1997 book called the Grand Chessboard by Carter
administration national security advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski,
there is a full description of the need and the plan to take
over the middle east and thereafter the world, dissolving nation
states into a central power to avoid "chaos".

Chaos, Chessboards - this isn't such and OT post after all.

It does sound very lizard-people'ish.

Operations like Iraq are seldom done for one reason. Oil is
certainly a factor, but I think geostrategic importance is a
biggie. This is why we're building 8 permanent forward bases in
Iraq, regardless of how long we stay for "security".

The fundamentalist rhetoric works for votes, even though there
are those in the administration that believe it, and further
believe that Jesus won't return unless we preserve Israel (they
fail to mention Jews will go to hell after the judgment). There
are also a good many in the administration who's loyalties to
the U.S. and Israel seem about equal. So we have Christian and
Jewish fundamentalism uniting to fuel a war machine that was
built and is maintained by a global elite that desires world
dominance.

How do you bridge the gap between this understanding and people
that "don't wanna see boys kissin' on da TV"?

=====
As the masters rot on walls
And the angels eat their grapes
I watched picasso