[kj] OT: Rob Heaton

Shadforth, Jane E SUKOP-UOIT/42 jane.shadforth at shell.com
Sat Nov 6 08:31:15 EST 2004

Hi Alexi - I truly hope/expect you'll get another chance to see the band live. They have been performing with Rob's ex-drum tech, Michael Dean (a very capable sticksman) behind the kit, ever since Rob decided to leave the band in 1998 having recovered from a brain tumour.

There's a tribute now on the NMA website: www.newmodelarmy.org, and a thread on the noticeboard where fans & friends are posting their thoughts..

To my knowledge there are no changes to the European Tour in December, and they were planning to tour the USA in the spring. If these gigs go ahead, they are certainly going to be fairly emotional, with the band having lost both their original drummer and an ex-merchman in the space of 6 months.

Jane