[kj] (Fwd) [IPPN] "and the children shall lead them?"

fluwdot at earthlink.net fluwdot at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 5 23:05:49 EST 2004

To:             	ippn-announce at topica.com
From:           	Ted Glick <indpol at igc.org>
Subject:        	[IPPN]  "and the children shall lead them?"
Date sent:      	Fri, 5 Nov 2004 17:35:52 -0500
Send reply to:  	indpol at igc.org

Date:   11/5/04  4:02 PM

RE:     Colorado High School Students Protest

Students at Colo. High School Protest Bush

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) - About 85 high school students upset
about the
nation's direction were camping out in the school library,
demanding an
audience with Republican leaders.

Students began their protest Thursday and school officials
said they could
stay through Friday when representatives of their Democratic
congressman,
U.S. Rep. Mark Udall, and U.S. Senator-elect Ken Salazar,
were expected to
visit.

The students said they also wanted to meet with thier
superintendent's
representatives along with Republicans Gov. Bill Owens and
U.S. Rep.
Marilyn Musgrave.

Some of the students left telephone messages with Republican
leaders.

``We want them to reassure us that our fears are misguided
and that the
government is doing everything in its power to prevent our
futures from
being destroyed,'' said senior Brian Martens, who wore a
hand-lettered
T-shirt which said he was the ``senior executive of the
subcommittee on
protesting stuff.''

Students said they are not protesting the election, but are
worried about
the national debt, military recruitment in schools and the
environment.

11/05/04 02:59

[This message sent using the IPPN Announce e-mail list.  You can join
this low-traffic email group on alternative politics by sending a
blank email to: ippn-announce-subscribe at topica.com You can
unsubscribe
by writing ippn-announce-unsubscribe at topica.com

To participate in a more active discussion of independent and third
party politics, please send a blank email to:
ippn-discuss-subscribe at topica.com

This email was sent to: fluwdot at earthlink.net

EASY UNSUBSCRIBE click here:
http://topica.com/u/?b1ddtL.b3kFoT.Zmx1d2Rv Or send an email to: