[kj] ot: Later...with jools

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 09:14:48 EST 2004

WELCOME TO THE LATER WITH JOOLS NEWSLETTER, SERIES 24, PROGRAMME 4

NEXT SHOW, FRIDAY, 11.35PM, BBC2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/

Hello Music Lovers,

We've got another excellent line up of stars in this week's show. To
kick things off I am pleased to welcome Liverpool's finest THE ZUTONS,
who tell me they've dreamed of playing the show since they were kids!
They'll be performing tracks from their Mercury prize nominated album,
"Who Killed The Zutons?"

Another excellent new band making their Later debut this week are
RAZORLIGHT. The half London, half Swedish band have been kicking up a
storm with a seemingly endless line of hit singles. "Stumble & Fall",
"Rip It Up", "Golden Touch" and "Vice" have constantly been on the
radio this year.

Former Mercury prize winner, Roni Size makes a very welcome return to
the show. Since that win in 1997 for his 'New Forms' album the Bristol
man, along with his band Reprazent, has continued to push the
boundaries of Drum 'n' Bass. His latest album 'Return To V' marks an
excellent return to form.

Roni is lucky enough to be accompanied by two fantastic soul divas on
the show; Beverley Knight and Jocelyn Brown. Beverley will also be
joining me at the piano to perform an old favourite.

I'm thrilled to be able to bring you one of the great preservers and
modernisers of West African music. MORY KANTE first gained recognition
in the 80s for his fusion of the ancient sounds of the Kora, a West
African harp, with black American dance music. For the last twenty
years he's lived and worked in Paris and he's just released his latest
album 'Sabou'. He will be performing his hit from 1995 "Yeke Yeke".

I'm also pleased to welcome an amazing young lady who began playing
the harp at the age of 8 years old. JOANNE NEWSOM was raised in
California and in her teens started to listen to folk and bluegrass
which influences the wonderful music that she makes today. Check out
her album 'The Milk-Eyed Mender'.

Finally, Robin Gibb of The Bee Gees will be joining me at the piano to
perform one of their classic early tunes and to chat about the
imminent release of their No 1s album and his life as a Bee Gee.

Next week my guests will include MERCURY REV, IAN BROWN, THE BEAUTIFUL
SOUTH and kd LANG.

Make sure you tune in this Friday night at 11.35pm on BBC 2.

WHAT'S NEW ON THE WEBSITE:

COMPETITION!
WIN TICKETS TO THE SHOW! The weekly competition continues with a new
question on Friday. Until then you've still got time to enter this
week's competition. You can win copies of the new Later…Hip Hop Soul
DVD and find out more about all the acts that are appearing on this
week's show. http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/

INTERVIEWS:
You can still read last week's backstage interviews with The Kings Of
Leon. And there's new interviews with The Zutons and Roni Size.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/interviews/

This email has been sent by:
BBCi Music
Room 6064