[kj] One Year Ago On Halloween

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 1 19:28:18 EST 2004

I do live in Detroit on the West side.  Southfield ad 5 mile area.  Group
around jsut outside of the city.  Have spent the majority of my life in the
city though.  It is hard to say where Devo played.  I guess when they were
an up and coming band from Ohio they would play Detroit and Ann Arbor quite
a bit.  The Majestic Theatre is a historic theatre downtown.  It is off of
Woodward and is famous for severalthings but one of them being the ,
supposed, last public appearance of Houdini who shortly died in the hospital
behind it.  The college campus of Wayne State is not to far from it.  I am
not really sure how else to describe it.  Lots of bands play there and at
the adjoining club Magic Stick. I will throw out a few names of older clubs
and theaters and hopefully you can have some fun
Todd's
Greystone
St. Andrew's Hall
Clutch Cargo's
Blondie's
The Falcon
Paycheck's
The Alley
Majestic Theatre
State Theater/Clubland
Latin Quarter
Harpo's
City Club
The Ice chest, the cooler ( I can't remember, I was only there once to see
Negative Approach)
the Capital Theater (Flint actually but infamous)

There is only 5 of these venues left and only a few of them are still any
good.

that is all I can think of right now.  I have to get back to the retirement
home before Murder She Wrote starts.

;)

Chris