[kj] gathering health check

Robert Martin robmartin at bluebottle.com
Mon Nov 1 08:21:05 EST 2004

I had to respond to this too.
To answer the final question below, how about only sending stuff to
the list that is relevant to the whole list? Sending an email about
Arsenal or Manc Utd to the whole Gathering list is not on (IMHO).
I've gone to digest mode as the amount of emails that had nothing to
do with KJ was getting too much.
That and getting a few viruses sent from members!

I'm on loads of other lists and it does need a moderator and/or
everyone to moderate themselves.

Keep smiling
Regards
Rob Martin
(not telling you who I support - you'd only laugh)

Subject: Re: [kj] gathering health check

I wasn't aware that Coles had left. That is most unfortunate.

I don't think it's "Off topic" posts that are the problem (as has
been
suggested before, imagine going to a party wherein you were only
allowed
to discuss one single topic). I think it's the slagging matches that
are
the biggest waste of time.

What can we do to coax back those who have de-camped?

Alex in NYC