[kj] OT: Midnight Oil

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:55:59 +1000

10 to 1 is one of the best albums ever.  Everything before it is very
bloody good, everything after it is pretty average stuff.  They definately
lost their mongrel after 10 to 1.

Looks like there's 3 Oils fans here then.

-S

                      Mark Kolmar
                      <mark@burningrome        To:       gathering@misera.net
                      .com>                    cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [kj] OT:  Midnight Oil
                      gathering-admin@m
                      isera.net

                      31/03/2004 12:05
                      Please respond to
                      gathering

I've been a fan of the Oils for a long time -- before Killing Joke
actually -- since _10,9,8..._ came out.  Frankly I still think that was
their peak, and most of their other records rate just below.  Low point
was _Earth and Sun and Moon_ -- AllMusic thinks it's their best go figure.

In Region 1 at least there is a promo+live video DVD comp.  The live
tracks are great, even the canned live promo ones are worthwhile.  The
other promos are so-so.  Still, it has about 50 different tracks and was
$15-$20 with shipping/tax.

I think all the stuff on this new DVD is different, certainly most.
Maybe we'll get this one in the USA too, but I'm set up for PAL DVDs
(and all-region PAL plays on a PC anyway).

--Mark