[kj] OT: Midnight Oil

Mark Kolmar gathering@misera.net
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:05:22 -0600

I've been a fan of the Oils for a long time -- before Killing Joke
actually -- since _10,9,8..._ came out.  Frankly I still think that was
their peak, and most of their other records rate just below.  Low point
was _Earth and Sun and Moon_ -- AllMusic thinks it's their best go figure.

In Region 1 at least there is a promo+live video DVD comp.  The live
tracks are great, even the canned live promo ones are worthwhile.  The
other promos are so-so.  Still, it has about 50 different tracks and was
$15-$20 with shipping/tax.

I think all the stuff on this new DVD is different, certainly most.
Maybe we'll get this one in the USA too, but I'm set up for PAL DVDs
(and all-region PAL plays on a PC anyway).

--Mark