[kj] introducing killing joke

mattdunn gathering@misera.net
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:34:25 +0100

i can't wait to lend my copy to somebody, and when they ask which tracks
were released as singles, I can answer.....er....My Love Of This Land? What
a cracking introduction to KJ.
Actually, i would never lend this to someone.
And Victory - so good they left it off the vinyl album?

in its defence though, I'm glad to see Primitive getting an airing.

-----Original Message-----
From: gathering-admin@misera.net [mailto:gathering-admin@misera.net]On
Behalf Of scott.lambeth@hic.gov.au
Sent: 30 March 2004 23:17
To: gathering@misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] introducing killing joke

Egads!  Will anyone listen to this after track 11?  Those last 5 are
amongst my most despised!!  I know some of you love Rubicon but I find it
neither awesome nor apocolyptic.  Rock, it does not.

Replace tracks 12 - 16 with MINOG, Extremities, Whiteout, a decent mix of
Mathematics Of Chaos & maybe even a new mix of something off the new album,
say Seeing Red.  Anything but the flaccid "My Love Of This Lamb".

Definately looking forward to a return to the Coles-artwork.  Better not be
a bloody clown though...  That mob carrying the "KILLING JOKE" banner was a
Coles-creation right?

-S

~Analysis, Paralysis~

1 the wait [1st album]
2 primitive [1st album]
3 butcher [wTf...!]
4 fall of because [live from 12" lag(ttfd)]
5 chapter iii [revelations]
6 we have joy [from tape no VU00040554]
7 fun & games [fire dances]
8 harlequin [single version from tape no VU00045864]
9 wilful days [single b-side]
10 tabazan [night time]
11 night time [night time]
12 victory [from tape no VU00040750]
13 twilight of the mortal [btats]
14 my love of this land [otg]
15 obsession [otg]
16 rubicon [chris kimsey mix from tape VU00043554]

                      mike coles
                      <mike@maliciousda        To:
gathering@misera.net
                      mage.co.uk>              cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [kj] introducing
killing joke
                      gathering-admin@m
                      isera.net

                      30/03/2004 18:19
                      Please respond to
                      gathering

Here's something to squabble over.
EMI are releasing an "introduction" to Killing Joke prior to
re-mastering and re-releasing the early catalogue. I'll be doing the
artwork so I've got the track listing.
Analyse and discuss.
1 the wait [1st album]
2 primitive [1st album]
3 butcher [wTf...!]
4 fall of because [live from 12" lag(ttfd)]
5 chapter iii [revelations]
6 we have joy [from tape no VU00040554]
7 fun & games [fire dances]
8 harlequin [single version from tape no VU00045864]
9 wilful days [single b-side]
10 tabazan [night time]
11 night time [night time]
12 victory [from tape no VU00040750]
13 twilight of the mortal [btats]
14 my love of this land [otg]
15 obsession [otg]
16 rubicon [chris kimsey mix from tape VU00043554]

cheers
molesy

NOTICE - This message is intended only for the use of the
addressee named above and may contain privileged and
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this message you are hereby notified that you must not
disseminate, copy or take any action based upon it.  If you
received this message in error please notify HIC immediately.
the views of HIC.