[kj] worst ever poll

Alexander Smith gathering@misera.net
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:15:12 -0500

--Apple-Mail-26--780702427

Again, Killing Joke certainly *SPRANG* from Punk Rock (and they remain=20=

a fuckuva lot more credibly Punk than the piffle that attempts to pass=20=

itself off as Punk today, hello Good Charlotte, Distillers, Blink-182,=20=

etc. etc. etc.), but Killing Joke have always been *SO FUCKING MUCH=20
MORE* than simply Punk Rock. Bigger aspirations. Bigger vision. More to=20=

say. More interesting ways to say it. To tag them with the epithet=20
"they're a Punk Band" is like calling Big Ben simply "a big clock,=20
innit!"

Alex in NYC

On Monday, March 29, 2004, at 02:49 PM, Mohomadom@aol.com wrote:

> so, shot myself in the foot, again.
> =A0
> Thanks for the info. Chris, at least I got something positive from my=20=

> ignorance! (what's this about bullets Alex?)
> =A0
> I meant no disrespect to the Ramones, Sex Pistols, New York Dolls=20
> etc., I actually like a lot of their music. I see Killing Joke as a=20
> separate thing, that's all.
> =A0
> Thanks for listening and glad to be out of range of a thrown bottle
> =A0
> graham

--Apple-Mail-26--780702427

Again, Killing Joke certainly *SPRANG* from Punk Rock (and they remain
a fuckuva lot more credibly Punk than the piffle that attempts to pass
itself off as Punk today, hello Good Charlotte, Distillers, Blink-182,
etc. etc. etc.), but Killing Joke have always been *SO FUCKING MUCH
MORE* than simply Punk Rock. Bigger aspirations. Bigger vision. More
to say. More interesting ways to say it. To tag them with the epithet