[kj] 1977 and all that

killing joke gathering@misera.net
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:17:22 +0100 (BST)

--0-1431138008-1080595042=:9215

i am sure we'll hear from mr raven here...he knows my view....
if we talk punk we're talking
crass
killing joke
dead kennedys
and a few others
all the rest were dressed up like the ants...after they sold out,,,,the orignal ants were puns too

"peter.west410" <peter.west410@ntlworld.com> wrote:
There's been a few disagreements recently about who were the original punk
band.If it's about the music then I m sure you can go back in time to the
50s ,there must of been some awful rock band which could be classified as
punk.So its not about the music.It's not about the clothes either, anyone
can dress up.
Attitude,The punk ethic of not selling out(top of the pops ,smash
hits ,hit singles etc etc ),Not sucking corporate cock,not shitting on your
fans,not seeing your band as a cash machine,practising what you preach etc
etc .Was only adhered to by one group,Yes in my rightful opinion punk was
formed in 1977 by a bunch of hippies from Epping,
Ladies and gentleman I give you CRASS.

In all your decadence people die
In all your decadence people die

---------------------------------
 WIN FREE WORLDWIDE FLIGHTS - nominate a cafe in the Yahoo! Mail Internet Cafe Awards
--0-1431138008-1080595042=:9215

<DIV>i am sure we'll hear from mr raven here...he knows my view....</DIV>
<DIV>if we talk punk we're talking</DIV>
<DIV>crass</DIV>
<DIV>killing joke</DIV>
<DIV>dead kennedys</DIV>
<DIV>and a few others</DIV>
<DIV>all the rest were dressed up like the ants...after they sold out,,,,the orignal ants were puns too</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>"peter.west410" &lt;peter.west410@ntlworld.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">There's been a few disagreements recently about who were the original punk<BR>band.If it's about the music then I m sure you can go back in time to the<BR>50s ,there must of been some awful rock band which could be classified as<BR>punk.So its not about the music.It's not about the clothes either, anyone<BR>can dress up.<BR>Attitude,The punk ethic of not selling out(top of the pops ,smash<BR>hits ,hit singles etc etc ),Not sucking corporate cock,not shitting on your<BR>fans,not seeing your band as a cash machine,practising what you preach etc<BR>etc .Was only adhered to by one group,Yes in my rightful opinion punk was<BR>formed in 1977 by a bunch of hippies from Epping,<BR>Ladies and gentleman I give you CRASS.<BR><BR>In all your decadence people die<BR>In all your decadence people die<BR><BR>_______________________________________________<BR>Gathering mailing