[kj] mayday

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:50:41 -0500

It turns out that I CELEBRATE mayday each year, with the Progressive Labor Party (in the US). We have big communist marches in New York (or DC) and LA, with red flags and banners. It's the only truly international holiday, celebrated in every country in the world, but not recognized in the US. Funny, because May Day began in the US, after the Chicago 8-hour day strike in 1886. The holiday was pretty much banned here during the 1950s, and replaced with the phoney Labor Day in September. Makes on wonder...