[kj] OT: Comsat Angels

Mark Kolmar gathering@misera.net
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 15:48:55 -0600

Someone mentioned a possibly fan-produced (and by extention, perhaps
unauthorized) CD box that reissues their 3 Polydor albums, with extra EP
tracks, and several others previously unreleased.

Some of the unreleased stuff is in rough shape.  I don't know if the
reason for the rough sound is more like the explanation for Unperverted
Pantomime or more like the fan-produced Unspeakable.  But supposedly the
Comsats box is an edition of 2000.  How many Unspeakable sets are there?

The first 3 discs might be copies of an earlier set of reissues.  If I
have an Anorak moment, it might be possible to confirm that.

Either way, I paid about $28 for one of these boxes.  It's on black CDs
that I assume are CD-Rs, but the labelling is sharp -- shades of black,
more-or-less.  Right now I don't feel like this was a good bargain for
me, because I have the previous reissues.  I might just copy the extra
tracks and pass this along, if it's ROIO anyway.  But if you've thought
about checking out Comsat Angels and you run across this box, check it out.

Their LP _Sleep No More_ is one I play when I get into a similar mood as
when I have to play _WTF_.  The Comsats mood is the inward anger vs. the
outward anger for _WTF_.  Some of you will know what I mean.

--Mark