[kj] OT: A New Beginning...

Jester gathering@misera.net
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:41:33 -0600

--Apple-Mail-3--1063522040

"new beginning

People had to leave everything, from photos of their grandparents to
cars. Their clothes, cash and passports has been changed by state
authorities. This is incredible, people lived, had homes, country
houses, garages, motorcyles, cars, money, friends and relatives, people
had their life, each in own niche and then in a matter of hours this
world fall in pieces and everything goes to dogs and after few hours
trip with some army vehicle one stands under some shower, washing away
radiation and then step in a new life, naked with no home, no friends,
no money, no past and with very doubtful future."

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

This Russian girl (Elena) rides on her bike all around Chernobyl, and
gives a very good explanation of what is happening now, the danger
aspect, and takes tons of pictures. Her father was one of the nuclear
physicists that has worked around that dead zone for the last 18 years.
So, the details of what is going on are very interesting.

Anyway, I thought this was a really enlightening diversion, interesting
read, as well as the incredible images that you will find here, were
worth looking at. Thought I'd share. In actuality, the first images she
shows you when she actually enters the dead zone will take your breath
away. (No, nothing gross...no bodies...just a real vivid view into what
was there, and what was lost)

Cheers,
Jester

"Psychos do not burst into flames when sunlight hits them. I don't give
a fuck how crazy they are!"
[...]

<fixed>

</fixed>