[kj] OT: Those crazy Brits....

PRAEst76 gathering@misera.net
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:27:04 +0000

On (25/03/04 00:50), Amy Moseley Rupp wrote concerning Re: [kj] OT: Those crazy Brits....:
> droll.... and I had an amazing bullshit session with the lead
> guitarist Nathan Connolly, who is a babe but a baby at 23.  When
> I so much as mentioned that I'd not voted for Bush, he immediately
> said "No politics!!!!!"
>
> I found out later that a) the Brit bands were warned not to talk
> politics AT ALL here at SXSW and b) people from Northern Ireland
> are especially (naturally) reluctant to talk about the subject.

Only with outsiders. I've found they talk about it all the time when alone.
It's knda unavidable because it's so deeply inbedded in the culture.

Now what they DON'T want to talk about is US politics. Perhaps you misread
the situatiuon? :)

That said i didn't know Snow Patrol were from Northern Ireland. Thogh I
rarely pay attention to NI bands. Largly they are shite.

--
PRAEst76
http://www.escapism.co.uk/praest76