[kj] OT: Those crazy Brits....

Amy Moseley Rupp gathering@misera.net
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:34:02 -0600 (CST)

Peter,

No one can choose where they were born.

Everyone can choose how they act.

Including you.

What past wars have taught us is that we should only go to war
if we *have to* and that some of the "good guys" will be killed,
yes, even in exercises and through "friendly fire."

They've also taught us that friendly cooperation instead of
stiff diplomacy or haughty indifference might *prevent* a war,
or improve the outcome.

I've loved the last week, seeing many of my favourite Brit bands
here in Austin.  My absolute favourite is Snow Patrol, from Northern
Ireland.  Now, have the Brits done a smashing job there or what?

All of us here made everyone the world over feel at home and loved.
They didn't come to GeorgeBushVille, they came to a city full of
music lovers.

Music, and the air that carries it, doesn't observe manmade boundaries
between countries.  It insists on being heard and carried in
our hearts.