[kj] worst ever poll

Alexander Smith gathering@misera.net
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:50:29 -0500

--Apple-Mail-2-922498507

Home today, and while little Charlotte is seemingly fast asleep (for
the moment) in a little basket next to my desk (and Peggy is catching
some long-earned shuteye as well), I'm catching up on Gavverin' biz.....

> [...]
> course or some such. That January (my junior year), I chose to do
> nothing so hung around NYC. Needing cash, I started working for a
> friend of my mother's named Robert Grim, who ran a mail-order business
> out of his suitably dour apartment on East 46th street, down the
> street from the United Nations. His featured item was the gold "tennis
> bracelet" (so named as it was made famous by tennis star, Chris
> Everett). My job was to field calls from unhappy customers who either
> didn't yet receive their merchandise in the mail, or who had some such
> other problem. I spent the month walking to and from the tiny,
> depressing apartment listening almost exclusively to MASTER OF PUPPETS
> by Metallica and STRANGEWAYS HERE WE COME by the Smiths....suitable as
> my mood often fluctuated between intensely angry and intensely
> depressed.
>
> 6. DECISION:  Ever giving my father the benefit of the doubt.
>
> 7. SEXUAL EXPERIENCE:   Nothing traumatic comes to mind. Lots of
> embarrassing misfires and the like, but nothing out of the ordinary.
>
> 8. MISTAKE:  Wasting literally a couple of years of my life bumming
> out over being dumped by a girl from the office I'd briefly dated. So
> not worth it. So much time wasted that I'll never get back.
>
> 9. EBARRASSING INCIDENT:  Having two members of EMF read my
> not-entirely-complimentary review of their debut album right in front
> of me.
>
> THE WORST EVER...
>
> 10. GIG YOU'VE BEEN TO:    Probably Soundgarden at the Lexington
> Avenue Armoury on the SUPERUNKNOWN tour. Shitty acoustics (the venue
> is like an airplane hanger....sound bouncing all over the place). No
> air conditioning. NO BEER! We left early.
>
> 11. ALBUM YOU'VE BOUGHT:  Oh Christ, too many to mention, but probably
> a post-MASQUE album by the Mission.
>
> 12. SINGLE YOU'VE BOUGHT: "Swoon" by the Mission
>
> 13. FILM YOU'VE PAID TO SEE:  "Love, Actually"
>
> 14. BOOK YOU'VE READ:  Can't remember. Probably stopped reading
> halfway through and discarded it.
>
> 15. TV SHOW YOU'VE SEEN:  That John Laroquette version of "Fawlty
> Towers".
>
> 16. MUSIC VIDEO YOU'VE SEEN:  Too many to mention, but invariably some
> pathetic hip hop or r'n'b piece of shit that panders to the lowest
> common denominator.
>
> 17. HOLIDAY YOU'VE HAD:   Can't recall.
>
> 18. CRIME YOU'VE COMMITTED:     I've been a good boy for the most
> part, but there was a drug period in the early 90's (coke and
> acid...though never at the same time).
>
> 19. LIE YOU'VE TOLD:  Probably something when i was a kid....can't
> think of one.
>
> 20. OTHER VERY BAD THING YOU DID:  When I was six, I ate an entire
> outboard motor.

--Apple-Mail-2-922498507

Home today, and while little Charlotte is seemingly fast asleep (for
the moment) in a little basket next to my desk (and Peggy is catching
some long-earned shuteye as well), I'm catching up on Gavverin'

<excerpt>

KILLING JOKE'S WORST EVER:

Even by Jaz & Geordie's word, he shat all over DEMOCRACY. May he never
produce for the band again.

</color>

mixes of theirs I really like are "The Coming Mix" of "Eighties" and
the "Mix `86" of "Love Like Blood" (which came on the b-side of an
"Adorations" 12", I believe). I know the band have a deep disco
fascination, and I respect that, but I don't really share it. I'm a
filthy rock pig. Always have been. Always will be. </color>

[...]

but nothing out of the ordinary.</color>

couple of years of my life bumming out over being dumped by a girl
from the office I'd briefly dated. So not worth it. So much time
wasted that I'll never get back.</color>

two members of EMF read my not-entirely-complimentary review of their
debut album right in front of me.

</color>

THE WORST EVER...

Probably Soundgarden at the Lexington Avenue Armoury on the
SUPERUNKNOWN tour. Shitty acoustics (the venue is like an airplane
hanger....sound bouncing all over the place). No air conditioning. NO
BEER! We left early.</color>

Christ, too many to mention, but probably a post-MASQUE album by the
Mission.

</color>

by the Mission

</color>

13. FILM YOU'VE PAID TO SEE:

</color>

remember. Probably stopped reading halfway through and discarded it.</color>

John Laroquette version of "Fawlty Towers".

</color>

many to mention, but invariably some pathetic hip hop or r'n'b piece
of shit that panders to the lowest common denominator.

</color>

recall.

</color>

18. CRIME YOU'VE COMMITTED:
part, but there was a drug period in the early 90's (coke and
acid...though never at the same time).

</color>

something when i was a kid....can't think of one.</color>

20. OTHER VERY BAD THING YOU DID:
outboard motor.</color>

</excerpt>
--Apple-Mail-2-922498507--