[kj] worst ever poll

Paul Rangecroft gathering@misera.net
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:19:45 +0000

thanks once again everyone who replied. i really laughed at some of these,
esp. mike "hot" coals - ouch!

>KILLING JOKE'S WORST EVER:
>
>1. PRODUCER

since jaz and geordie themselves hated it i'll copy everyone else and say
the hippy who cocked-up DEMOCRACY. £30000 for that?!?! i could have done
better for £30. i'm not sure the album was strong enough anyway, mind you,
so even conny plank would have struggled (being dead wouldn't have helped
either). also kimsey on BTATS deserves a dishonourable mention.

>2. DANCE MIX

i don't agree with the people who say they're all bad but the ones with just
a few samples and a beat do suck several shades of shit. i'll say the LLB
one just because it was a great single and remixed purely from a cynical
money-making motivation.

>3. CONVENTIONAL REMIX

i meant the extended sort of mixes, like the ones from the 12"s around 84-86
or any other non-dance sort of remix. that 'sanity' insane mix always bugged
me.

>4. MISSED OPPORTUNITY

not letting peter hook join after 'pandemonium'. there was some chemistry on
those two improvised tracks.

>YOUR WORST EVER...
>
>5. JOB

i hate all jobs but the worst was as a secretary at burnley college because
i was stressed out beyond description and one of the other secreatary
developed a crush on me an stalked me for several weeks. and no i'm not just
saying that because it sounds cool it really did freak me out big style.

>6. DECISION

joining the gathering.

>7. SEXUAL EXPERIENCE

the things i regret the most in the regard are the ones i bottled out of but
paying for it was pretty demeaning. (antoni, was there an orgy last year?)

>8. MISTAKE

i think y'all know what that is! no, she's great. um... i took the wrong
course at uni.

>9. EBARRASSING INCIDENT

my whole life is a small, insignificant but highly embarrassing incident.

>THE WORST EVER...
>
>10. GIG YOU'VE BEEN TO

got a free ticket to see STING at newcastle arena and was sat so far away
you couldn't even see the bank of tv monitors, nevermind him. and he's a bit
of a smug dick anyway.

>11. ALBUM YOU'VE BOUGHT

i bought this album by a band called BRIDGE AND TUNNEL coz the bloke in the
record store recommended it and it was just like complete nothing i dunno
what CHEMICAL BROS ripoff i can't even describe but it was drivel.

>12. SINGLE YOU'VE BOUGHT

a B*WITCHED single.

>13. FILM YOU'VE PAID TO SEE

SHOWGIRLS.

>14. BOOK YOU'VE READ

KING OF COOL the ian mcculloch biog. it was just a brown-nose job. and he's
not cool, he's a pinhead. i don't even know why i bought it.

>15. TV SHOW YOU'VE SEEN

jugde judy.

>16. MUSIC VIDEO YOU'VE SEEN

i can't argue with antoni.

>17. HOLIDAY YOU'VE HAD

i went for a weekend in paris with the sole aim of getting off with someone
but she shagged her new stunningly good-looking flat mate instead while i
had a wank.

>18. CRIME YOU'VE COMMITTED

consiparcy to cause criminal damage (not malicious!). used to steal cigs
from peoples' jackets at the uni library cloakroom, too.

>19. LIE YOU'VE TOLD

i love you.

"pristeen, pristeen, how much does it take..." - one for the copey fans.

>20. OTHER VERY BAD THING YOU DID

took a buddhist vow that i had absolutely no real intention or any ability
whatsoever to keep.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger