[kj] OT The Birthday Party gigs

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:13:21 -0000

Though I'd picked up on the 2nd JP session (Rowland Around In That Stuff,
Sometimes Pleasure Heads Must Burn, Release The Bats and Loose) quite early
I didn't know anyone else who was into them until I met Fuzz and therefore I
didn't get to see them until a March '82 gig at The Venue (in Victoria). I
ended up seeing them only 6 times, whereas Fuzz saw them about 35 times he
proudly recalls - he missed the Kings Head/Arms (?) gig in Acton though !

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Lee" <slee@bushinternet.com>
To: <gathering@misera.net>; <gathering@misera.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 7:16 PM
Subject: [kj] KJ's Norwich Uni gig (going a bit moreOT)

> Sorry Antoni - realised as soon as I'd sent that e-mail off what I'd
done - must have confused Ana too! You'll be pleased to hear that my Desktop
Wenger has just popped up to tell me that Bergkamp, Ljungberg and Aliadiere
are all fit again. I know you hate the Gooners, but you've got to admit -
they really are playing the beautiful game as we should all want to see it
played. Do try and enjoy it!

> btw I envy you the Buzzbocks blast - and anything that could rekindle the
excitement of those white hot early Birthday Party gigs would be very
welcome. Were you at Brixton Town Hall late '81 by any chance?