[kj] KJ's Norwich Uni gig on 8/11/81 (going a bit OT)

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 23:34:51 -0000

Some cross wires here Simon - the original thread comes from Madani (Ana)
rather than me - mind you I think I will take you up on the offer anyway.

Meanwhile, I went to the Rock Against Racism gig at the London Astoria last
night with a few of my old friends. Mick Jones (The Clash) joined The
Libertines on stage for their encore but frankly I could not get that
excited by their set, although plenty of young ladies in the venue seemed
rather impressed. I was more in my element a bit earlier when the legendary
Buzzcocks gave it laaaarge as usual and I was rather pleasantly surprised by
the Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster. Crap name but a kind of murky swamp
rock sound not heard since The Cramps and The Birthday Party were treading
the boards. Even vague elements of Bela Lugosi's Dead in there on one track.
Anyone got the album ? If so, opinions ? Cheers

As for the gooners, well, we've got to beat them one day ... haven't we ?
I'll be at the home leg ... away tickets in short supply so it's ITV1 for
the 2nd leg.

Regards,

Antoni

* http://home.clara.net/antoni/ *