[KJ] Some good news [OT]/pregnancy

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:23:03 +1100

You have my thoughts with you and Peg mate.

-S

                                                                           =
                                                           =20
                      Alexander Smith                                      =
                                                           =20
                      <vassifer@earthli        To:       gathering@misera.n=
et                                                         =20
                      nk.net>                  cc:                         =
                                                           =20
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [KJ] Some good=
 news [OT]/pregnancy                                       =20
                      gathering-admin@m                                    =
                                                           =20
                      isera.net                                            =
                                                           =20
                                                                           =
                                                           =20
                                                                           =
                                                           =20
                      17/03/2004 02:24                                     =
                                                           =20
                      Please respond to                                    =
                                                           =20
                      gathering                                            =
                                                           =20
                                                                           =
                                                           =20
                                                                           =
                                                           =20

Belated congratulations, Dub. That's excellent news! Jesus, 10
lbs?!?!?!?! That's quite a snapper (I believe that's the right
expression, no?)

As many of you might remember, my wife and I are expecting one of our
own shortly. We had a bit of a bump in the road in the last few weeks
when she was diagnosed with Cholestasis....a somewhat rare condition
wherein the liver fails to meet the demands being put on it from all
the hormonal changes (which manifests itself by maddening
itching....all over -- soles of the feet, forehead,  writsts,
everywhere!) We had a battery of upsetting blood tests to determine the
problem, and we now goto the hospital twice a week for fetal
monitorings and injections of Vitamin K (to bolster the liver). They've
also insisted on inducing the delivery a few weeks earlier than
initially projected (when things go wrong with Cholestasis, it usually
occurs late in the game, and they're trying to pre-empt that). We're
looking at April 5th or 6th now (whereas before we were aiming at April
19th or 20th) .Everything *SHOULD* be alright, now that we have a
fuckin' soccer team of doctors on the case, but it's still been
exceptionally scary and unpleasant.  In any event, the baby's progress
has been absolutely fine so far, so once again, everything should be
fine. He/she (we don't know the gender) is alright at about six or
seven pounds, and we'll be in our 38th week when they induce, which is
long enough for the development to have fully matured.

In any case, please think positively for us.  I wouldn't wish this type
of stress on anyone.

Big Lovin',

Yer Faithful NYC correspondent......Alex in Very Snowy NYC.