[kj] a question of time...

fat potanga gathering@misera.net
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:48:09 +0000

all this talk of time and it messing with your head reminds me of s'th my
lil bro did.

He did maths at Cambridge and was one of 2 students offered to do his Phd
with Stephen Hawkings.
He turned him down as Hawkings wanted a cosmologist and my bro' wanted to do
Superstrings.
ANYWAY, he was doing all this stuff and as part of his phd managed to prove
a theory noone had been able to before.
All I remember was it was s'thing to do with supergravity(?), involved 14
dimensional objects and time existing twice at the same, erm time.
I asked him how the hell do you conceptualise an object with 14 dimensions,
to which he said, I try not to think about it. It works in maths.

His office was directly opposite Hawkins.
Apparently he's a bit of a git, motivated more by money.
Though every Friday he throws a tea party for the D.A.M.T.P. students with
sandwiches crisps, pop, jelly etc. which my bro' says are awful as they're
either all socially retarded or just don't want to be there.

What a great post

www.iam-jam.com
www.fatpotanga.co.uk

http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess