[kj] Banning the "N" word

michael.head at directline.com michael.head at directline.com
Thu Jul 22 09:58:01 EDT 2004

& Pearl Jam !

                      Alexander Smith
                      <vassifer at earthli        To:       "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)"
                      nk.net>                   <gathering at misera.net>
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      gathering-bounces        Subject:  Re: [kj] Banning the "N" word
                      @misera.net

                      22/07/2004 14:43
                      Please respond to
                      "A list about all
                      things Killing
                      Joke (the band!)"

"Then at one point, A band emerged out of SEATTLE!!!, , In the early
90's WHO! RESURRECTED A SCENE of ROCK and ANGST ..."

Please don't give them that credit. Before N_____, there was
Soundgarden, Mudhoney & the Melvins.

Alex in NYC

On Wednesday, July 21, 2004, at 04:00 PM, J C wrote:

> I think I recall an individual belonging to the "N" word,"Nirvana" who
> played a great part and member of the 2003 KILLING JOKE ROSTER!
>
> Namingly Dave Grohl, Former member of The "N" word, "Nirvana"..
>
> I'm not so much hung up on "Nirvana", and not greatly,  A "Die Hard
> Fan".....
>
> The point is, where I grew up 80's-early 90's "Seattle", The General
> Music scene was dominated with "Bill Board Crap", but some of us had
> our own obscure tastes....and certain access to the subculture.
>
> Point is...Man...being a one of few guys, in High School and College
> that had a problem with "Bill Board Enculturation"....
>
> "Your Not in" if you don't know the latest HIP HOP CRAZE, R & B
> SINGLE, CONTEMPARY CRAP such as Jacksons, or lets referr to the Mullet
> Man, Michael Bolten, or VANILLA ICE "SHEET", or Paula
> Abduul...ETC>>ETC>>ETC.
>
> ONE POINT OF TURNING TO KILLING JOKE, JOY DIVISION, FRONT LINE
> ASSEMBLY, MEAT BEAT, SCORN, GODFLESH, SKINNY PUPPY, 242, CONTROLLED
> BLEEDING,...ETC...ETC...ETC...
>
> THE ANTI-MUZAK,,, Forgot to mention THROBBING GRISTLE AND DUH!! COIL!!!
> !
>
> Then at one point, A band emerged out of SEATTLE!!!, , In the early
> 90's WHO! RESURRECTED A SCENE of ROCK and ANGST ...
>
> AGAIN!! NOT A DIE HARD FAN, but Nirvana do earn credit by opening up
> the margins and letting the general public know ...ROCK IS NOT
> DEAD!!!!!
>
> Originality, but Pardon the episode of 80's meets "Come as You
> ARE"!!!!!
>

> SO WHY DO WE BAN THE 'N' word "Nirvana" who expanded new generations
> to Rock and opening the doors to real TALENT!!!!
>
> Not saying though, that they played their stuff to death and still
> do!!!!
>

> "NOT TO SAY THAT THERE IS STILL A LOT OF CRAP FLOODING THE CORPRATE
> SCENE"

<image.tiff>

> Overwhelmed by debt? Find out how to ëDig Yourself Out of Debtí from
> MSN Money._______________________________________________

Direct Line Group Services Limited, registered in
England no.3001989, registered office 3 Edridge
Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR9 1AG. The following are
also members of the Direct Line group of
companies: Direct Line Insurance plc, a member of
the General Insurance Standards Council and
Direct Line Life Insurance Company Limited and
Direct Line Unit Trusts Limited, both authorised and regulated by
the Financial Services Authority. Loans,
Mortgages, Credit Cards and Savings provided by
Direct Line Financial Services Limited, registered
in England number 2372702, registered office 3
Edridge Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR9 1AG. All are
members of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group.

This e-mail is intended for the addressee only and
may contain confidential, proprietary or legally
privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail, you should
notify us immediately and delete it. You should
not copy, print, distribute, disclose or use any
part of it. We reserve the right to monitor and
record all electronic communications through our
networks. We cannot accept any liability for
viruses transmitted via this e-mail once it has
left our networks.