[kj] Rollins plays (hates) Joke

antoni at clara.net antoni at clara.net
Sat Jul 17 00:25:36 EDT 2004

A huge Hank fan here - that Mission gig @ Finsbury Park was in June 1991 after EDAVRE - the Rollins Band debuted "The End Of Silence" in a sensational set.

The classic Rollins Band line up of Chris Haskett on guitar, Sim Cain on drums and Andrew Weiss or Melvin Gibbs on bass were amazing. Since the "Get Some Go Again" album Rollins has just been fronting the Mother Superior band - mind you they did a good job with the Black Flag tribute last year !

So, Henry changes his mind and opinions like the wind. Do I care ? Not really. He has been really anti-druggie for ages but these days sez Nick Cave is great yet Cave's "Bad Seed" biog paints him as a rather desperate man scoring dangerous hits in the Amsterdam back streets etc ...