[kj] OT:What book are you reading??

Javier Garcia jagargal at lycos.com
Fri Jul 16 17:32:49 EDT 2004

Right now I'm reading Alejandro Jodorowsky's: "La Danza de la Realidad" ("The Dance of Reality"), which is an autobiography of this amazing artist.
It's quite entertaining, the man talks about his life, weird dreams, magic and his own vision of the world. Don't know if it's available in english (but if i remember well your spanish isn't bad ;>)
There's also this wonderful book named "El Corazón de Piedra Verde" ("The Green Stone Heart") by Salvador de Madariaga.
It's about aztecs and the spanish colonization of Mexico and South America, it's like an historic novel (amazingly entertaining) with a lot of true facts mixed with magic and a lot of dark/weird/mystic topics, most of it it's true. The author, Salvador de Madariaga, was a well known-serious historian. It's really very good. You can also try "Aztec" by Gary Jennings which is also a novel about Prehispanic Mexico, quite entertainig, with magic and mystical subjects too.

Before finish I'll say that one of my all time favorite books is "The Book of the Jungle", if you haven't try it give it a chance, it's a simple but very, very wise book.

Cheers!

Javier
Mexico City