[kj] OT:What book are you reading??

johnny bongo scum at surf.co.nz
Thu Jul 15 17:37:51 EDT 2004

Iain M. Banks book 'Consider Phlebas' is a bloody good sci-fi imho..
Terry Pratchett is very cool too! very funny indeed..i've been downloading his audio books for the few weeks - very nice to listen to any stormy midnight...

i am reading 'the Hermetica' at the moment, by Timothy Freke and Peter Gandi... ..or thier take on it at least... i like it ALOT.
also casually getting thru 'supernature' by Daryl Watson <?> thats pretty fuckin trippy too...

~jb

--- PRAEst76 <praest76 at escapism.co.uk> wrote:
On (15/07/04 17:35), fatpotanga wrote concerning Re: [kj] OT:What book are you reading??:

> Check out Philip Pullmans Northern Lights/Subtle Knife/Amber Spyglass
> trilogy.
> A supposed kids book but one of the best stories I have ever read, with one
> of the most heartbreaking endings ever -  pure genius!

I've had so many people reccomnd these (including my head-shrinker) that I caved in a few days back and
ordered the first book from Amazon. Been re-reading the early Pratchett
novels in the bath this week. Also because of the discussion here i thought
I'd order a copy of the Book Of The Law...

...fer fun like.

--
PRAEst76
http://www.escapism.co.uk/praest76