[kj] OT:What book are you reading??

nicholas fitzpatrick gasw30 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 15 12:51:07 EDT 2004

>Check out Philip Pullmans Northern Lights/Subtle Knife/Amber Spyglass
>trilogy.

Already on to this one. Read the first two. I agree that they're very good.
I read one Potter book out of curiousty (when I was off work with shingles
about three years ago) and Materials absolutely pis*es over all that Rowling
bol*ocks.

Cheers Marc as well.

Nick 666
Head of Library Club.

>From: fatpotanga <fatpotanga at hotmail.com>
>To: The Gathering <gathering at misera.net>
>Subject: Re: [kj] OT:What book are you reading??
>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:35:38 +0100
>
>Check out Philip Pullmans Northern Lights/Subtle Knife/Amber Spyglass
>trilogy.
>A supposed kids book but one of the best stories I have ever read, with
one
>of the most heartbreaking endings ever -  pure genius!
>
> > Tad Williams - the Otherland series . . . a bit of sci-fi/a bit of
fantasy and
>a bloody good read
>
>Agreed, it was excellent but I do think he could have done it in 3 books
>instead of 4.
>Also his Memory, Sorrow & Thorn trilogy was pretty good as well
>
>Jamie
>
>On 15/7/04 4:50 pm, "Phillipps Marc" wrote:
>
> >> Anybody recommend any sci-fi or fantasy? Not my usual genre
but thought >I
> > might try it out. But not Tolkien.
> >
> > Tad Williams - the Otherland series . . . a bit of sci-fi/a bit of
fantasy
> > and a bloody good read
> >
> > At present I am trawling back through my old Ian Banks (and Ian M
Banks)
> > books and still enjoying them a lot, I am re-reading The Crow Road
at the
> > moment .
> >
> > Marc.

Bonfire of
> >> the Vanities at the moment (very, arrrgh... 80s). What are you
reading? Do
> >> get my head kicked in for sounding educated?
> >>
> >> Anybody recommend any sci-fi or fantasy? Not my usual genre
but thought I
> >> might try it out. But not Tolkien.
> >> I'm into detective stuff, gothic horror, historical, and when
it comes to
> >> high brow literature, I prefer the south american magial
realism variety.

> >> Anybody reading this Killing Joke novel by Harrowitz
(name???). I looked
> >> for
> >> it the other day but couldn't find it.
> >>
> >> Feel free to recommend non-fiction too.
> >>
> >> cheers
> >> Nick Satan Beast 666
> >>

> >> PS: thanks for informing me about the 93 thing. I've really
got into it,
> >> as
> >> you can see from my new name.

> > This communication may contain information that is confidential
and legally
> > privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended
recipient(s). If you
> > are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any form of
> > distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information within
> > is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received
this
> > communication in error, please return it to the sender, then
delete and
> > destroy any copies of it. The Health Informatics Service disclaims
any
> > liability for action taken reliant on the content of this message.
This
> > communication is from the Health Informatics Service serving
Barnet Enfield