[kj] Crowley/Coleman/Gurdjieff

Djehuti111 djehuti111 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 00:24:04 EDT 2004

Greetings Peter,

--- "peter.west410" <peter.west410 at ntlworld.com>
wrote:
> "but I fear I shall never really
> understand what he was all about"
>      I don't really know what I'm talking about
> (When it comes to
> Crowley),But As with most Cults ,Its usually
> intelligent people,leading the
> unintelligent people.

 Well, we're off to a good start.

 You have no idea who I am, or anything about me but
you've already summed up that I may be unintelligent.

 It's a shame when someone opens a discussion with the
line "I don't really know what I'm talking about When
it comes to..." and they still feel the need to voice
their (admittedly lacking) opinion while
simultaneously insulting others as "unintelligent".

 Careful, that type of logic is dangerous and it cuts
both ways. ;)

> The leaders offer some kind of
> answers which the
> followers are in awe of,To a certain extent killing
> joke do the same.

 I'd say that perhaps people who listen to Killing
Joke might do so for the music at least as much as the
lyrics, wouldn't you?

 Was it Jaz's lyrics that first attracted you to the
group?

>     Once you are under their spell you stay
> there,They usually offer some
> kind of mystical bollocks,which lost souls tend to
> follow.

 Now, I'm a lost soul and I worship bollocks too. :(

>    Religious groups do this, the
> Moonies,freemasons,Christians ,Muslims etc
> etc..People join because they think if they are a
> member and pay into it
> ,some of the mystical powers may rub off on them(Pay
> being the operative
> word).

 You seem to be an authority on making blanket
statements condemning other peoples beliefs and/or
lifestyles without actually doing much research into
either the people you're condemning or the subject at
hand.

 You also seem to think that your opinion should
matter to someone other than yourself.

 But, I don't really know what I'm talking about
when it comes to Peter West. ;)

 Much Love,

 Aleph

=====