[kj] Geordie riffs with the DM

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 16:24:41 EDT 2004

      A real breath of fresh air (and independent spirit) was when Jack Rabid pointed out to Jaz that though Nirvana ripped off "Eighties," that  KJ may've ripped off the "Eighties" riff from another song by either the Stranglers or the Damned, i don't remember which - and JR offered to confirm.
     Far cry from so many other interviews I've read where Jaz isn't really interviewed (meaning, questioned) as he is just allowed to sermonize.  Why isn't Jack"Mad"Rabid not interviewing for bigger mags and for bigger gains?
Besta'luck to him,

Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:
I picked up the the ish of THE BIG TAKEOVER with the Jaz interview.
Well worth checking out. For what it's worth, I've know Jack Rabid for
about a decade (I'm such a fucking shameless, fatuous namedropper, I'm
sorry) and he really is an exceptionally nice, knowledgeable guy... (it's time to move on, Jack!), but he's got a heart of gold and does it all for the love of the music,...which is precisely as it should be.

Melissa Auf Der Maur? She can kiss my grits. Fuck her and the horse she
rode in on. And the Smashing Pumpkins. And Hole. Fuck'em all.

And the moment before you take your
last breath catch my eye
To all the rain and the thunder
I'm headed into the sun