[kj] punk festival

Lucy Cornwell lucy.cornwell at vetstream.com
Thu Jul 8 03:40:09 EDT 2004

Alex try
http://www.punkfestival.co.uk/index.html
  -----Original Message-----
  From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On
Behalf Of Alexi Hamilton
  Sent: 08 July 2004 03:59
  To: gathering at misera.net
  Subject: RE: [kj] punk festival

  Ohh My GOD!!!  Hazel O'Connor?!?!?!  She's still around?!?!?!  I saw the
movie Breaking Glass back when I was about 8 or 9 years old.  I own the
Vinyl too.  As soon as I can actually GET the website to come up, I'll check
out the info!  I must not miss Hazel!  The rest of the lineup looks like I
must book a flight because I'll bet its in England, right?  Like I said, I
can't get the site up but I'll try again.

  ~Alexi (Going to see SLF this month in Dallas and SIOUXSIE in SEPT in
Dallas!!!  Already have tix!!!)

  Sprinting along the freeway, brandishing a meaty axe, cometh Alexi! And
she gives a bloodthirsty scream:

  "Brace yourself, oh human speck of dust! I bring darkness and mayhem like
a four-year-old on a sugar rampage!!!"

about all things Killing Joke (the band!)" <gathering at misera.net> >To: "A
list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)" <gathering at misera.net>
>Subject: RE: [kj] punk festival >Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:06:25 +0100 >
>:-) > >haven't been referred to as a kid for a long time! > > > >Never said
you were knocking the beat Alex but I hold anything with >suspicion that
uses any term like real punk/metal/ska/etc > > > >As I mentioned it was
originally developed as an alternative to the >Reading festival which
initially seemed to start out with old farts from >the punk era being
promoted and in that sense you shouldn't put too much >into the real punk
tag. The cockney rejects were never a punk band >anyway > > > >Just looking
at some of the more prominent bands: > >STIFF LITTLE FINGERS > >HAZEL
O'CONNOR & > >THE SUBTERRANEANS > > ARI UPS SLITS (saw her recently - good
show!) > >THE BUSINESS > >CHAS & DAVE > >JOHN OTWAY > >THE LURKERS > >MENACE
> >SPLODGENESSABOUNDS > >THE VARUKERS > >DEMOB > > THE ADICTS > >KING KURT >
>ANTI NOWHERE LEAGUE > >VICE SQUAD > >999 > >PETER AND THE TEST TUBE BABIES
> >THE BEAT > >DISCHARGE > >THE LAST RESORT > >GBH > >COCKNEY REJECTS > >TV
SMITH & BAND > >THE VIBRATORS > >SUBHUMANS > >UK SUBS > >JESSE JAMES > > >
>I mean chas n dave! Very punk! King Kurt is pushing it to! > >Interesting
to see some bands there I saw in 1977! > >If the kids are united...: O >
>iPat > > > >-----Original Message----- > > > >Kids, I'm not *KNOCKING* the
Beat,....I'm just pointing out the >discrepancies in advertising a "real
Punk" gig when you've got bands on >the roster who aren't orthodox Punk at
all (yes, I'm aware that there >was a mutual respect from both the Punk and
Ska scenes). It's just that >when you box things in a slap genre tags on
everything, you're bound to >look foolish at one point or another (and this
is one of those points). > > > >Best Beat tune = "Two Swords" > > > > > > >