[kj] punk festival

Patrick Davies Patrick.Davies at subsea7.com
Wed Jul 7 11:06:25 EDT 2004

:-)

haven't been referred to as a kid for a long time!

Never said you were knocking the beat Alex but I hold anything with
suspicion that uses any term like real punk/metal/ska/etc

As I mentioned it was originally developed as an alternative to the
Reading festival which initially seemed to start out with old farts from
the punk era being promoted and in that sense you shouldn't put too much
into the real punk tag. The cockney rejects were never a punk band
anyway

Just looking at some of the more prominent bands:

STIFF LITTLE FINGERS

HAZEL O'CONNOR &

THE SUBTERRANEANS

  ARI UPS SLITS (saw her recently - good show!)

THE BUSINESS

CHAS & DAVE

JOHN OTWAY

THE LURKERS

MENACE

SPLODGENESSABOUNDS

THE VARUKERS

DEMOB

  THE ADICTS

KING KURT

ANTI NOWHERE LEAGUE

VICE SQUAD

999

PETER AND THE TEST TUBE BABIES

THE BEAT

DISCHARGE

THE LAST RESORT

GBH

COCKNEY REJECTS

TV SMITH & BAND

THE VIBRATORS

SUBHUMANS

UK SUBS

JESSE JAMES

I mean chas n dave! Very punk! King Kurt is pushing it to!

Interesting to see some bands there I saw in 1977!

If the kids are united...: O

iPat